“We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
From Monday July 22nd, 2013, to midnight EST on Friday, August 2nd, 2013, anyone who submits to Harlequin E Shivers will be personally reviewed by a Harlequin E Shivers team member, and is guaranteed a fast response with personal feedback. They’re promising to respond to all submissions by September 13.
- Comparative Authors: Amanda Stevens, Barbara J. Hancock
- Movie/TV Examples: The Others, True Blood
What’s in it for you? You get to bypass the slush pile and go straight to an acquiring Harlequin team member. We are actively looking for enthusiastic, talented new voices to join our existing roster of Harlequin digital-first authors. For this limited time only, when you submit to Harlequin E Shivers you will receive feedback from a Harlequin team member. Additionally, we will respond to your submission within a six week timeframe of receipt (by September 13).
To be eligible you MUST do the following:
- Submit to Submit_HDigital@harlequin.com using the subject line HARLEQUIN SHIVERS (caps are required, please!) title, author name.
- One fully completed manuscript per author for this opportunity.
- You must follow submission guidelines and include all required components. Incomplete submissions will be deleted. Please review submission guidelines here: http://www.harlequin.com/articlepage…1734&chapter=0
- We are only accepting manuscripts that have never been submitted to Harlequin Digital First before.
- This opportunity applies to Shivers only. While we will be accepting regular submissions during this time, the 6-week feedback guarantee applies to Shivers submissions only.
FAQs: Q: Can I submit more than one manuscript at a time? A : No. At this time we are limiting submissions to one per author.
Q: My book is the first in a series. Can I submit all the books in the series to you? A: For series, please send the first book with synopsis, as well as a description of the vision you have for the series. If we love the first book, we will likely ask for more!
Q: What if I already have a submission pending with you? A: If you have submitted to Harlequin Shivers and you haven’t yet heard back from us, please send an email with the subject line HARLEQUIN SHIVERS EXISTING SUBMISSION and we will find it and provide feedback within 6 weeks. You are still eligible for the special submissions call!
Q: I have a submission for one of the other Harlequin digital-first lines (not Shivers). Do I still get feedback? A: At this time we are offering this opportunity for Harlequin Shivers submissions only. We are still accepting submissions for our other genres, but our 6-week feedback guarantee only applies to Harlequin Shivers.